Teenager's head doubles in size after she suffers reaction to a hair dye


A teenager's head grew to twice its size after she suffered a severe allergic reaction to a hair dye that left her struggling to breathe.

Estelle, a 19-year-old English student from Paris, suffered a disfigurement caused by the chemical PPD, which is found in 90 percent of hair dyes.
Estelle, who shared photos of her swollen head on social media, says she had bought a standard hair dye from a supermarket in Val-de-Marne, on the outskirts of Paris. After applying it, she reacted to it.

The allergy first caused her scalp to itch before the top of head started to swell up. Estelle attempted to treat herself using antihistamines and cream from a pharmacist but she awoke the next day to see her head had swollen to twice its size.

                      Estelle before

Estelle said that asides her swollen head, she was finding it difficult to breathe and her tongue started to swell. She was rushed to hospital where the circumference of her head measured 63cm rather than the average 56sm.
Estelle is raising awareness about the dangers of PPD in hair dyes to ensure that others do not suffer like she did.

She said: 
                   
I almost died, I don't want something similar to happen to other people.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"I married my sister because you cant control love" man who married his sister says as they expect their first child

'Modern Family' star Sofia Vergara is TV's highest-paid actress for the third year in a row

This video will shock you how a Filipino maid being sexually harassed by her Saudi Arabia boss. Trending online

Selena Gomez reveals she had kidney transplant because of her Lupus and her friend donated the kidney; shares hospital bed photos

Dance queen, Kaffy celebrates 5th wedding anniversary with hubby

Sad photos of a crying 17- month-old boy who was found drinking milk from his mother's dead body in India Police in Damoh district, Madhya Pradesh, India,

DNA Twins Signed To Mavin Records